Upcoming Waldo County Events
- : Animals - Apr 28 - Unity - New England Reptiles - Unity College Center for the Performing Arts - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Education about reptiles is so important in understand how we can best live on the same planet with creatures both very different and very similar to ourselves. You will learn and laugh, and even get an upclose and personal meet and greet with some of our reptile friends! There may be some restrictions on children's proximity to the animals. Handler discretion will be followed during the event. Free to children under 10. Tickets $10. Event at 7 p.m.
- : Farmers Markets - Apr 28 thru Oct 27 - Belfast - Belfast Summer Farmers' Market - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Belfast Summer Farmers' Market runs on Fridays from 9 a.m to 1 p.m. at Waterville Arts, 256 High Street. Also see the Facebook page.
- : Farmers Markets - May 06 thru Nov 18 - Unity - Unity Market Day - Unity Community Center - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Unity Market Day runs on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The season usually runs from the 1st Saturday of May through the last Saturday before Thanksgiving. These farmers' markets are held at the Unity Community Center at 32 School Street.
- : Festivals - Jul 08 thru Jul 09 - Belfast - Annual Belfast Arts in the Park - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Arts in the Park is one of the most respected fine arts and crafts festivals in Midcoast Maine. The variety of artwork and crafts is outstanding, and continuous live music performed on the Heritage Park stage and the smells of freshly grilled food add to the festival atmosphere. The venue is undeniably beautiful: set on the water's edge, right downtown, with sailboats and dinghies moored a few feet away. Event is on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
- : Festivals - Jul 14 thru Jul 16 - Belfast - Maine Celtic Celebration - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Annual Maine Celtic Celebration is a family-oriented celebration of the rich Celtic heritage, culture and hospitality found along the coast of Maine complete with music, food, games and education. Most of the activities are free. A donation of $10 is suggested to keep the Celebration coming to you in the future. Events and activities include a gala opening performance, 5K road race, live music and dancing with bagpipes and various international and local groups, games for all ages, the New World Cheese Roll Championship, food and craft vendors, a Celtic breeds dog show, and fireworks on Saturday night! All set on Belfast Common and Steamboat Landing among beautiful park lands overlooking Belfast Bay. For info see the Title link above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- : Festivals - Aug 18 thru Aug 20 - Belfast - Belfast Harbor Fest and National Boatbuilding Challenge - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Help the Belfast waterfront come alive with a unique display of talent and good old-fashioned competition. Right before your eyes, teams of two will be handcrafting a 12-foot wooden skiff. As the sawdust starts to settle, the teams will sprint their boats out onto the salty sea and then row to the finish line (or in one case last year, sinking) for all to see. This is in addition to a Friday Night Launch Party, a 5K road race along the waterfront, an open house at French and Webb, maritime exhibits, demonstrations and speakers, a blueberry pancake breakfast, children and #39;s nautical activities, local vendors, a judged Classic Small Boat Show, live music and, of course, delicious food!
- : Festivals - Sep 22 thru Sep 24 - Unity - Common Ground Country Fair - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Common Ground Country Fair is a celebration of rural life. It features demonstrations, Maine organic produced foods and crafts and livestock exhibits. Complete info and schedule online at the Title link above. For more info contact the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association at (207) 568-4142.
- : Music - Apr 29 - Unity - Buck Curran - Unity College Center for the Performing Arts - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Buck Curran, of the art-folk duo Arborea, comes to the UCCPA for an intimate sharing of his debut solo album Immortal Light. Tickets $15. Concert at 7 p.m.
- : Music - May 12 - Unity - Sara and Kenny - Unity College Center for the Performing Arts - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
An eclectic blend of voice, ukulele, nylon and steel string guitars, Sara and Kenny embrace their wide range of musical styles to create their intimate sound. Tickets $15. Concert at 7 p.m.
- : Music - May 13 - Unity - Sam Woolf - Unity College Center for the Performing Arts - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Sam Woolf is a 20-year-old folk/pop singer-songwriter known for his original arrangements, beautiful pitch, perfect tone, and emotional original songs. His performances and recordings have obtained millions of views on YouTube. Tickets $15. Concert at 7 p.m.
- : Music - May 19 thru May 20 - Belfast - Belfast All Roads Music Festival - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The All Roads Music Festival is an annual festival held each May in Belfast, Maine. The festival is a celebration of local and indie music talent that brings some of Maine's finest emerging musicians under one banner in a city known for its passionate support of the arts and locally grown creative talent. Performances and special events are held in multiple venues throughout the downtown Belfast. See the Title link above for a schedule and participating performers. For more info email email@example.com. There is an opening party on Friday evening, May 19, but the music festival itself is on Saturday, May 20.
- : Music - May 20 - Unity - Vintage Vocal Quartet - Unity College Center for the Performing Arts - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Vintage Vocal Quartet brings to life the sweet harmonies of the big band era: groups like the Glenn Miller Orchestra's Modernaires, the Nat King Cole Trio, the Delta Rhythm Boys, the Andrews Sisters, and the Tommy Dorsey band's Pied Pipers. Tickets $15. Concert at 7 p.m.