Upcoming Waldo County Events
- : Farmers Markets - Nov 04 thru Mar 31 - Belfast - Belfast Winter Farmers' Market - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Belfast Winter Farmers' Market runs on Fridays from 9 a.m to 1 p.m. at the Aubuchon Hardware greenhouse, 231 Northport Avenue. Also see the Facebook page.
- : Farmers Markets - Apr 28 thru Oct 27 - Belfast - Belfast Summer Farmers' Market - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Belfast Summer Farmers' Market runs on Fridays from 9 a.m to 1 p.m. at Waterville Arts, 256 High Street. Also see the Facebook page.
- : Festivals - Jul 08 thru Jul 09 - Belfast - Annual Belfast Arts in the Park - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Arts in the Park is one of the most respected fine arts and crafts festivals in Midcoast Maine. The variety of artwork and crafts is outstanding, and continuous live music performed on the Heritage Park stage and the smells of freshly grilled food add to the festival atmosphere. The venue is undeniably beautiful: set on the water's edge, right downtown, with sailboats and dinghies moored a few feet away. Event is on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
- : Festivals - Jul 14 thru Jul 16 - Belfast - Maine Celtic Celebration - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Annual Maine Celtic Celebration is a family-oriented celebration of the rich Celtic heritage, culture and hospitality found along the coast of Maine complete with music, food, games and education. Most of the activities are free. A donation of $10 is suggested to keep the Celebration coming to you in the future. Events and activities include a gala opening performance, 5K road race, live music and dancing with bagpipes and various international and local groups, games for all ages, the New World Cheese Roll Championship, food and craft vendors, a Celtic breeds dog show, and fireworks on Saturday night! All set on Belfast Common and Steamboat Landing among beautiful park lands overlooking Belfast Bay. For info see the Title link above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- : Festivals - Aug 18 thru Aug 20 - Belfast - Belfast Harbor Fest and National Boatbuilding Challenge - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Help the Belfast waterfront come alive with a unique display of talent and good old-fashioned competition. Right before your eyes, teams of two will be handcrafting a 12-foot wooden skiff. As the sawdust starts to settle, the teams will sprint their boats out onto the salty sea and then row to the finish line (or in one case last year, sinking) for all to see. This is in addition to a Friday Night Launch Party, a 5K road race along the waterfront, an open house at French and Webb, maritime exhibits, demonstrations and speakers, a blueberry pancake breakfast, children and #39;s nautical activities, local vendors, a judged Classic Small Boat Show, live music and, of course, delicious food!
- : Festivals - Sep 22 thru Sep 24 - Unity - Common Ground Country Fair - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
The Common Ground Country Fair is a celebration of rural life. It features demonstrations, Maine organic produced foods and crafts and livestock exhibits. Complete info and schedule online at the Title link above. For more info contact the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association at (207) 568-4142.
- : Job Fairs - Mar 07 - Belfast - Belfast Regional Job Fair - UMaine Hutchinson Center - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Meet more than 30 local and regional employers at the Belfast Regional Job Fair at the University of Maine Hutchinson Center. All are welcome at no charge. Event is on Tuesday, Mar. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- : Music - Mar 03 - Unity - Matthew Wolcott - Unity College Center for the Performing Arts - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
One of the most notable things about Matthew Wolcott's debut release is that it does not sound like a debut at all. Western Lights is underpinned by a maturity befitting a seasoned artist long-settled into his own skin, a comfortable self-awareness that the Dallas-based singer-songwriter delivers with remarkable credibility. Maybe it is no surprise that music has held an anchoring presence in his life for more than three decades, although he only recently stepped out of a successful law career to pursue it in earnest. The result is Western Lights, an uncluttered installment of literate, late-night reflections spun into relatable stories of nostalgia, melancholy, heartbreak, and hope. But the EP is more than a collection of eloquent musings by an introspective artist. As producer Joe Chiccarelli puts it, "the recording sessions for the EP were all about capturing a feeling and telling a story." Wolcott's rich, Americana-infused vocals are beautifully lifted by infectious melodies and inspired instrumentation, presenting a broad yet surprisingly cohesive soundscape across the EP's five tracks. Tickets $15. Concert at 7 p.m.
- : Running - Aug 19 - Belfast - Belfast Harbor Fest Bug Run 5K - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
Annual Belfast Harbor Fest Bug Run 5K along the scenic Belfast waterfront. For more info and event times see the Title link above.
- : Winter Sports - Mar 04 - Unity - T-Pot Memorial Ice Fishing Derby - Unity Pond - Upcoming Waldo County Maine Events
T-Pot Memorial Ice Fishing Derby on Unity Pond in Unity. Weigh-in at Kanokolus Beach. Total cash prize $3,000. For info call the Unity Fire Department at (207) 948-5762.