Upcoming Somerset County Events
- : Antiques - Jun 03 - Skowhegan - Antique Power Show - Skowhegan State Fairgrounds - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
Maine Antique Power Show with antique engines, flea market, raffle and silent auction. Show is at the Skowhegan State Fairgrounds at Madison Avenue aka Route 201-N.
- : Farmers Markets - May 01 thru Oct 30 - Pittsfield - Pittsfield Farmers' Market - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The Pittsfield Farmers' Market runs on Mondays and Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (May to end of October) at Hathorn Park (by the start of Route 152 at Hartland Avenue). For info phone (207) 487-5056.
- : Festivals - Aug 10 thru Aug 19 - Skowhegan - Skowhegan State Fair - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The Skowhegan State Fair (at the State Fairgrounds at Madison Avenue aka Route 201-N) includes Grandstand shows, Quarter Horse and other Horse Shows and much more. For info phone (207) 474-2947 or email email@example.com.
- : Festivals - Sep 01 thru Sep 04 - Harmony - Harmony Free Fair - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The Harmony Free Fair is a small, licensed fair with rides, crafts, food, motor sports and animals. Stage shows, animal and mechanical pulling, antique autos, midway, livestock exhibits. For more info see Facebook.
- : Festivals - Sep 15 thru Sep 17 - New Portland - New Portland Lions Fair - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The New Portland Lions Fair in North New Portland is a great way to end the summer. Midway, exhibit hall, animal pulling events, crafts and livestock exhibits.
- : Food Events - Jun 25 - Skowhegan - Cheese, Brews and Bread Festival - Bigelow Brewing Co. - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The inaugural cheese festival will feature a variety of samples from local cheese makers and bread makers, plus beer from Skowhegan's own Bigelow Brewing. There will also be bread-making demonstrations and suggestions on cheese, bread, and beer pairings. Cheese, bread, and beer will all be available for purchase. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org. Event on Sunday, June 25 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- : Job Fairs - Jun 29 - Skowhegan - Skowegan Area Job Fair - Skowhegan CareerCenter - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The Skowhegan Job Fair is an opportunity to meet face to face with employers who are hiring. Event from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- : Music - Jun 23 thru Jun 25 - Starks - Harry's Hoe Down - Harry Brown's Farm - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
Harry's Hoe Down celebrates over 20 years of gathering in support of marijuana liberation with camping, music, poi, art, activism, puppets, dance, creativity, freedom and more. The event is at Harry's Brown's Farm, 45 Abijah Hill Road. For info phone (207) 333-6985.
- : Music - Aug 18 thru Aug 20 - Starks - Harry's Green Love Renaissance Music Festival - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
Harry's Green Love Renaissance Music Festival is a weekend camping with music festiva. The event is at Harry Brown's Farm, 45 Abijah Hill Road in Starks. For more info click on the Title link above.
- : Music - Oct 06 thru Oct 09 - Starks - Harry's Harvest Ball - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
Harry's Harvest Ball is a weekend camping with music festival in support of liberalized marijuana laws. The event is at Harry Brown's Farm, 45 Abijah Hill Road in Starks. For more info click on the Title link above.
- : Theater - May 25 thru Jun 03 - Madison - Arsenic and Old Lace - Lakewood Theatre - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
The year is 1941. A large house next to a cemetery in Brooklyn, home of the Brewsters. There are the two spinster aunts Martha and Abby, and their nephews, Mortimer, a drama critic recently engaged to the minister's daughter, bugle-blowing Teddy who thinks he is Teddy Roosevelt, and murderous Jonathan who has eluded capture with the aid of an alcoholic facial surgeon whose last procedure has Jonathan looking like Boris Karloff. The Brewsters can trace their lineage to the Mayflower and there are also trace elements of cyanide, arsenic, and strychnine in the elderberry wine the kind old ladies have been offering to lonely men. So far 12 men have succumbed to the charm and libation of the sweet sisters. Believing they have died from yellow fever, Teddy has buried them in the Panama Canal (the cellar.) The 12th victim rests in the window seat. Charge! To your telephones and make reservations today for the opening show of the Lakewood season. See Title link above for performance dates and times.
- : Theater - Jun 08 thru Jun 17 - Madison - Some Sweet Day - Lakewood Theatre - Upcoming Somerset County Maine Events
Ever ponder "What if" "If only" "I should have" "Why didn't I"? We all wish we could turn back time and fix our perceived mistakes: a do-over, a mulligan, a take-two. Ken regrets losing the girl of his dreams 24 years ago. When fate, and the bits and pieces of a time machine in his garage, grant his wish, Ken finds himself 25 years in the past. With the help of his best friend, Greta, he plays Cyrano to himself, desperate to get his younger version to marry Jenny. But his younger self is just as stubborn as the older version and refuses to listen to advice from an old man. Ken falls for Jenny all over again and is now trying to woo the girl away from, well himself! Some Sweet Day is a high-octane romantic comedy that also takes a serious look at life, our time on this planet, and the price we pay for regret. Laugh filled! Calorie free! See Title link above for performance dates and times.