Upcoming Knox County Events
- : Antiques - Aug 04 thru Aug 06 - Union - Annual Maine Antiques Festival - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
The Annual Maine Antiques Festival is Maine's largest Antiques event. Over 100 dealers from across the US and Canada will be offering for sale a wide variety of vintage collectible and antiques spanning eras from the 18th century through the 1960's. Furnish or decorate your home with items that have stood the test of time. Or perhaps you area collector of vintage clothing or jewelry. We have it here in indoor, pavilion and outdoor under tent booths. Also great Maine food like lobster and native blueberry pies. See Title link above for ticket prices and show times.
- : Biking - Jul 23 - Camden - Maine Lobster Ride and Roll - Camden Snow Bowl - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine and #39;s Lobster Ride and Roll follows winding, country lanes and the breathtaking rockbound coast past lighthouses, lupines and lobster boats. The ride features five distance options, from a family-friendly 15 miles to 30, 50, 80 and 100 mile routes. Meet at Camden Snow Bowl.
- : Books - Apr 29 - Owls Head - Author Harry Haskell: The Wright Sister - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Katharine Wright was not only the sister to her famous brothers, Orville and Wilbur, she embodied the worldly, independent, and self-fulfilled New Woman of the early twentieth century. Harry Haskell previews his new novel Maiden Flight, the true-life story of the "Wright sister," Katharine, who left her world-famous brother Orville to marry the man she loved, the author's grandfather and namesake. Drawing on intimate family letters, this engrossing book crosses the boundaries of fact and fiction to shed new light on an exceptional woman's struggle for independence and fulfillment. In allowing Katharine to step outside of Wilbur and Orville's shadow, Haskell sheds new light on the central role she played in their private lives, as well as on her often misunderstood contribution to their scientific work. Above all, Maiden Flight celebrates Katharine's abundant store of what she called "human nature," her lively and perceptive outlook on life, her great capacity for both love and indignation, and her acute and sometimes crippling self-awareness. A former acquiring editor for Yale University Press and classical music critic for the Kansas City Star, Harry Haskell is the grandson of the Star's Pulitzer Prize-winning editor, Henry J. (Harry) Haskell. He is the author of three previous books, including Boss-Busters and Sin Hounds: Kansas City and Its Star and The Early Music Revival: A History. Event is at the Owls Head Transportation Museum at 1 p.m.
- : Cars - May 21 - Owls Head - Antique, Classic, and Special Interest Tour - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Start the driving season right! Spend the day exploring scenic roads and locations in Midcoast Maine in your antique, classic or special interest auto and benefit the Museum's Intern Program.
- : Cars - Jun 03 thru Jun 04 - Owls Head - All-American and Muscle Car Show - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Our showcase of American automotive design at its best. This event highlights the style and power of American automobiles beginning in the early 20th Century and extending through the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and beyond. In honor of the 50th production year of the Chevrolet Camaro, Camaros of all vintages will be admitted free.
- : Cars - Jun 17 thru Jun 18 - Owls Head - Foreign Auto Festival - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Celebrate Father's Day with a salute to the diverse world of foreign automobiles featuring hundreds of stunning vintage vehicles from around the world. Italian auto makers will be featured at the 2017 Foreign Auto Festival; Italian vehicles of any vintage and all pre-1997 vehicles are admitted free.
- : Cars - Jul 08 thru Jul 09 - Owls Head - History Comes Alive - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Watch as we demonstrate as many pieces from our collection as we can squeeze into one weekend in an attempt to beat our record of more than 75 vehicles demonstrated during this event. Lucky visitors will have the opportunity to learn about collection vehicles, and there will be many opportunities to score rides, too.
- : Cars - Jul 22 thru Jul 23 - Owls Head - Antique Truck and Tractor Show - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
OHTM is transformed into the center of the universe for antique truck, tractor and commercial vehicle enthusiasts during one of our most popular events of the summer. Antique ground vehicles, including a bevy of pre-1920 trucks from the Museum's collection, are demonstrated during this event. The featured marque is Mack; Mack trucks of all vintages get in free.
- : Cars - Aug 05 thru Aug 06 - Owls Head - Wings and Wheels Spectacular - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Classic cars, WWII Warbirds, and aerobatic performances will headline the Museum's most impressive event of the season. This year, we are excited to welcome the Commemorative Air Force and B-17 Flying Fortress, "Sentimental Journey." The Wings and Wheels Spectacular is the Museum's longest running annual event; the first airshow, known affectionately as "The Rally," was held in 1975. In 2016, the airshow drew a crowd of nearly 5,000 spectators throughout the weekend.
- : Cars - Aug 14 thru Aug 19 - Owls Head - New England Auto Auction Preview Week - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
Attracting auto enthusiasts of all ages, both serious bidders and window-shoppers are welcome to peruse this impressive week-long display of vehicles slated for auction. The preview week is considered as an event and has grown almost as popular as the auction itself. Shop for your dream car or just admire the diverse autos on display.
- : Cars - Aug 18 thru Aug 19 - Owls Head - New England Auto Auction - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
The Owls Head Transportation Museum is pleased to announce that the Museum's trademark fundraiser, the New England Auto Auction is growing. Following the successes of the Museum's most recent annual sales, on Friday, Aug. 18 an automobilia-focused auction will kickoff the 40th Annual New England Auto Auction. On Saturday, Aug. 19 bidders and collectors from all over the world will turn their focus to automobiles as approximately 200 fine collector cars cross the block during Saturday's portion of the auction. Note: We are now inviting consignments for the auction. Early consignment allows consignors to take advantage of our diverse marketing plan which exposes vehicles to interested buyers all over the world. To learn more about consigning your fine automobile, please contact New England Auto Auction coordinator Toby Stinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- : Cars - Sep 02 thru Sep 03 - Owls Head - Vintage Motorcycle Festival - Owls Head Transportation Museum - Upcoming Knox County Maine Events
This annual gathering attracts hundreds of motorcycles, with favorite marques including Harley-Davidson, Triumph, Honda, BMW, Indian, and Ducati interspersed with rare and antique bikes from the world over. In 2016, this event attracted more than 400 exhibitors throughout the weekend. A designated parking area on show grounds will be reserved for modern motorcycles, and all pre-1997 motorcycles are admitted free.